Thursday, April 30, 2015

Any fun events going on in your area?

I think one of the hardest parts of the chainmail business has been finding places to show/exhibit in person that are chainmail friendly and don't cost a fortune.  There are tons of local venues to set up at with affordable fees, but chainmail doesn't mix well with flea markets and country kitchen crafts.  A large event like DragonCon or a big Renaissance faire would be great and tons of fun, but there's easily several thousand dollars in expenses tied up in those.  I need chainmail friendly geekery venues that don't cost a fortune!

So I ask you, my chainmail fans and fellow lovers of the art, to let me know if there's anything near you (and hopefully me) that could use a dose of chainmail.  Faires, festivals, whatever... if chainmail fits the venue I'll take a look at it.  I prefer things in the East TN/Western NC/SW VA areas as that's closer home, but will look at other areas as well.

Thank you everyone for following Marci's Chain Designs, and I hope to hear about more awesome events from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment