Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It's hard to make chainmail when your hands are frozen

The East TN Celtic Festival was moved to October, and on the 21st I happily packed up my totes of chainmail and tree art for the show on the 22nd.  Little did I know that the previously warm weather would choose this day to go on vacation.  After weeks of high temps at 70/75, day one of the outdoor festival had a high of 55.  I froze my fingers off all day!  And as soon as the weekend was over it was back in the 70's.  Even with the crazy cold snap the show was a lot of fun, I'm just denying the warm weather's vacation request for that weekend next year.

Christmas is coming up soon.  I usually don't get into it until after Thanksgiving but I've spent the last couple of weeks getting a jump start on making ornaments.  I have new Spiky Ornaments this year, Celtic Star Ornaments, Tree of Life ornaments, and several different styles of long keychains.  If you've not been to the shop lately, visit and check out the new pieces.

If you're hosting or know of an event between now and Christmas that could use a dose of chainmail, be sure and let me know.  I'm always looking for fun new events to be part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment