Thursday, April 28, 2016

Kraken!

I was watching tv and playing with my pet kraken when it crawled away.  By the time I found it, it was already up to no good...


I love how the kraken turned out, and the other bottles are coming along nicely as well.  A bit slowly, but nicely.  I prefer to reuse empty bottles and do the recycle/upcycle/green thing, but there's only so much wine one person can drink without getting themselves into trouble.  That, and I've not yet figured out how to legally write off buying booze as a materials expense for the business.  If you've not seen any of the other bottle art yet, check out the shop at www.marcischaindesigns.com.  I'm still doing finishing touches on a few so they're not all posted, but I'm hoping to have the rest of the collection in by the first of the week.  If you're interested in bottle art, let me know.  I'd love to make something for you.

I've also been trying to get ready for shows the next few weekends.  This weekend (4/30-5/1) is Shikacon in Bristol, VA.  It's an anime convention and a new one for me, so I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!  I'm following that with the Spring Fling in Cadiz, KY on 5/7, and the St. Brendan's Celtic Festival in Oak Ridge on 5/14.  You can find details about these on my Events page on Facebook.  Come buy some chainmail, and mention seeing this post for a free gift with your order at any show through the end of May!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! When you coming back to NC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure. There's a Nov show in Charlotte I've been doing for a while but I may not do it this year because the hotel is expensive. I don't have a lot of shows booked right now. It just doesn't seem like a lot of chainmail appropriate stuff is going on atm. But I have two Celtic festivals coming up, one in TN and one in VA. If you hear of anything Celtic, Medieval or geekery themed that's going on in western NC, I'd love to hear about it!

      Delete