Thursday, March 12, 2015

Time for more sculpture!

Hello again everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long, but life has been keeping me ridiculously busy. I know that in my previous posts I have mentioned several times about working on my dragon. Unfortunately, the dragon is still unfinished and a work in progress. I have been going through several different ways of getting the wings the way I want them and it's proving to be a bit of a beast. I didn't want to get completely mired down with it so I decided to try something new, and this cactus magically came into being.  I'm not entirely sure as to the exact inspiration for making a cactus. Maybe I'm thinking back to my old RPG days and playing around in the Weird Wild West of Deadlands. 

I have a few chainmail trees that are also currently sitting as works in progress. I have been able to make the trunk and branches portions to my liking and am testing out new ideas for adding leaves and canopies to these trees. They are beautiful standing alone as is, but I think giving them leaves will add extra life and dimension that will make them truly shine.  

MACE West is happening next weekend, and if you want to see the cactus or any of my other work you will want to be there. It's a fun gaming convention that is only a short drive for anyone living in the Tri-Cities.  Mention this blog post at my table at MACE West for a special free gift. Free.  You don't even have to buy anything! How awesome is that…

No comments:

Post a Comment